“Yes; keep your hair on, little one,” he responded; for he could feel her trembling.
“To London?”Lady Wyndover looked at her in amazement.
Mr. Pinchook looked rather shocked by this sentiment, and, with another dry cough, continued:He sighed almost patiently.“Mother Melinda told me that the night I was raving like a lunatic you came into the tent, and stayed for a little while. I—I hope I didn’t say anything to offend you!”
- Lord Selvaine laughed—it might almost be said that he chuckled.
- There was a crowd in the vestry, for every one was anxious to inscribe his name in the registry, or at least witness the ceremony of signing.
- He stood looking at her under his knit brows in silence. What could he say? She laughed hysterically.
- Lady Wyndover almost shrieked.
- “She’s alive,” she said in a low voice, and with her eyes fixed upon the ground. “You’d better fetch a doctor.”
- 更多 CPK 推荐